Hi all! Keeping this short and sweet! This sauce is awesome. Cashews are nutrient dense, healthy fat full little powerhouse nuggets! They make the perfect base for a lovely plant-based cream sauce!
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked.
- 2 cups of plant-based milk (you could use veg broth or water as well)
- The zest of one lemon (you could also use the juice of the lemon if you want more pizazz!)
- 1 clove garlic, thrown into the blender
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Package of spaghetti noodles
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- Veggies: onion, zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, whatever you want!
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Fresh thyme and parsley
For the vegan parm:
- 1/2 cup more cashews for vegan parm
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- pinch of salt
- Throw all sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until nice and creamy.
- To ensure you get the thickness you’d like for the sauce, add the first cup of fluid and then add 1/2 cup at a time.
- If you don’t love the idea of raw garlic in the sauce, mince and sauté in olive oil and then add to blender.
- I added quite a bit of salt and pepper to taste!
- Sauce is done 🙂
- Add this sauce to your pasta noodles, zucchini noodles, and lots of sautéed veggies. This time we sautéed onions and garlic in olive oil and added zucchini, a ton of mushrooms, and asparagus! I also chopped up fresh thyme and parsley!
- Toss sauce, veggies, and noodles together.
- Vegan parm would be SO good on this. Blend equal parts cashews and nutritional yeast with a pinch of salt until combined.